Although OTC tooth whitening kits are available, dental tooth whitening is a far better option for anyone who wants the whitest, cleanest, healthiest teeth. Brushing and flossing removes plaque, dirt, and buildup, but there are still many activities that we do that cause the teeth to yellow and stain. Once this happens, it can be hard to smile the way that you once did.
Some of the most common reasons for discolored teeth include:
· The things that you eat and drink- Coffee and tea are two of the most common stains.
· Smoking- cigars or cigarettes are both bad.
· Age- The older you get, the more likely you are to have discolored teeth.
· Trauma to the teeth- Many types of trauma cause issues with the teeth over long-term.
· Medication- Certain medications may affect the teeth. Tell your dentist about any medications that you take.
These things are only some of the many contributing factors to discolored teeth, but the most common reasons.
If you’re unhappy with your smile, schedule a visit to the dentist Chicago for teeth whitening procedure. It takes just one office visit to remove discolorations and reveal the pearly white smile that you love. It is a simple procedure that is done with a hydrogen peroxide or carbamide peroxide solution that bleaches the teeth, breaking the stains down to brighten the teeth.
The cost to use professional tooth whitening is more than the cost of the treatments that you find sold at drug stores. On average, dental tooth whitening costs about $550. The dentist can provide take-home trays for a cost of about $400 or if you opt to buy the at-home OTC kits, expect to pay about $150. The results vary for each person but it is easy to say that the professional whitening results are considerably better and last longer.